Thursday, April 2, 2009

Facebook vs. Blogger


I have royally sucked at keeping this blog updated, and I fully blame Facebook. 
It has sucked all the creative writing out from my frontal lobe and replaced it with Digi-Pet feedings, virtual Scrabble and list upon list of 25 Top this or that or the other thing.
So, it's decision making time. I told myself today that it was one or the other. 
One of them had to go. 
Blogger vs. Facebook. Tough battle. 
I thought I could make Facebook something more meaningful by deleting all my 'friends' who probably wouldn't notice if I deleted them (if that's you and you've actually noticed, well that's what you get for never 'liking' any of my profile comments). 
In any case, it still doesn't feel intimate enough. It just feels sort of mindless and very detached from my real friends. 
Plus, I miss getting real emails, with details in them, and full sentences. 

So, much to my own surprise, I will finally be liquidating my Facebook page.
I have not decided on a specific end date, but it will be announced soon. 
Suggestions are welcome.
If you are reading this, make sure to bookmark this page and take note of my email address in the info section of Facebook. Maybe you could even ask for my phone number and we could call each other! 
That's a novel idea. I still have a landline, so it will be an even more authentic communication experience. 

I know, I know. I've promised before that I would be a better blogger, and I've failed you with months of silence and the occasional empty diatribe.
But that was because Facebook was in the picture. I swear!
It took me falling for Facebook (again) to realize how stupid I was to let such a wonderful thing go.
I'm a changed woman.
This time it's really over.  
This time I'm all yours. 
Promise.

-The Industrious Ant.

No comments: